Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekend to relax

10/7
I woke up at 11 and found out we were off from today until Saturday night. I packed my bags and went to Nava and Toby’s house in Herzelia. My 90L-hiking bag was full of dirty laundry. I've been wearing the same clothes for 3 days  and when I got here and put my clothes straight in the wash.
 I ate a lot today in 6 hours I had tuna on a bagel, shwarma in lafa, rice, peas and corn then 2 bananas, then more rice, peas and corn. I relaxed and watched some TV for a little then went out to Tel Aviv for the night. Went to a restaurant called Wolfnights. Pretty good food but I ran out of Shkalim so I only got a burger. I didn't exchange that much this week because the exchange rate is horrible now, 3.62
I got home and stayed on the computer and video chatted a few friends for a while and went to sleep.
10/8
I woke up around 2 and stayed home and watched tv all day we had Fri night dinner later on that night. All I keep thinking about is what unit I want to join. I don't know how long I am staying for yet so it’s a hard. Maybe 14 months, maybe 3 years. My number 1 choice is Golani, 2 is Tzanchanim and 3 is Givati.
I read a few things about the different units in the army and went to sleep.

10/9
I did the same thing as yesterday, nothing crazy. Today it was actually raining!! The girls in the house were amazed because it never rains in Herezlia this time of year.  I would go out but I have no friends in Herzelia they are all in other towns.
I like coming to Nava and Toby. It’s like I'm home. They only have daughters and a dog (that can be like my little brother), the food is amazing, and everyone speaks English.

I'm going back to Jerusalem now and  I have to stop by the King David Hotel to pick up some things my parents friends, Sara and Elan brought for me from Brooklyn.  Baby wipes (very useful),hair shaver, my winter coat and Dr Scholl’s boot insoles. I had to take all of that out of my luggage at the airport on the way here because my suitcase weighed 80lbs and I needed to take some weight off.
I got to Jerusalem and they invited me to come for dinner. How can I turn down food? So I went.  We ate at some Moroccan place and had sweet chicken that was amazing. It tasted like a meal and dessert at the same time. Than we had ate different types of food and a cinnamon dessert and unlimited wine, ha ha!
Sick restaurant!!
I went to Ben Yehudah after met up with Jennifer, Luna and a bunch of other people. Everyone was looking at me because I had a 90L-hiking bag on my back and 2 bags in my hand. A lot of stuff. I got back to my room at 12:00 have to be in bed 12:15. I unpacked all my stuff and got in bed to get ready for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment