Search This Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tel Aviv

I started the week by chilling and relaxing mostly because I was as too sick. My mono made me tired and didn't let me sleep. I'm losing muscle sitting in bed and doing nothing all day but there is nothing I can do!! There was a march 2am Mon night ,and I didn’t go because I couldn’t even move
Hopefully I’ll be good soon.

One Wednesday the 29th a 
few of us woke up later and we took a bus to Tel Aviv  to meet everyone. They went on a really cool march on the beach .I wish I could have gone. The room we are sleeping in has thin mattresses on the floor with 22 guys and no room!

We had dinner with Ay and Baruchs family , some of the old Aish guys are here . The food was pretty good. The chief rabbi of Israel came to speak to us. He told us a story about when he was in the Yom Kippur War he was stationed in a part of the Golan Heights and someone else wanted his position because it was a good one.
The Rabbi said since it was Yom Kippur he wanted to do something good and he let him have it and the Rabbi went to the bottom of the mountain. Later on the first airstrike from the Syrians hit the spot where he was suppose to be stationed!!

We all woke up the next morning had lunch and heard many different stories about the army. We went back to Tel Aviv that night and went out to Ben Yehudah st. We spent Simchat Torah in Tel Aviv and on Friday we woke up around 12 had went to the beach
I was in a cab and the driver decides he wants to play solitare on his iphone while driving!!  
We rented an apartment for the night and I had my first slice of cheese pizza in like 7 years!!
I'm going to Jerusalem now and we are waking up tomorrow very early.
We are having a survival week in the desert for about 3 days.. We are going with a Commander from a  top special forces unit in the army - Sayeret Matkal. He is going to be showing us a lot of things we need to learn and understand before we go into the army in November.
It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment