Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Interviews

10/12
I was woken up last night two times for shmira!! and  all of us were up by up at 7. Our mefaked woke us up and we had 4 minutes to get ready and were given an hour to pray and study Hebrew
Then to Ulpan at 9:00
 I was waiting for the teacher and I put my head down for 5 minutes and fell asleep for an hour. He never ended up coming today anyway so it worked out. I studied myself for a while and practiced for my interview with the army when they ask us questions in Hebrew such as why did you come to Israel?, why do you want to join the army? and random questions mainly to test your understanding of Hebrew.
3 kids from our group took the Hebrew test today at the Bakum (induction center).
One of the guys got a 7, you need at least a 6 to pass. He said the speaking part wasn't so hard but the reading and writing part was.
I just keep on writing down all different things I want to say and translating them to Hebrew.

My friend and cousin Jennifer brought me lunch from her Yeshivah because the food there  is better. I then went to buy fruits because we have to either have an apple or 3 dates in the morning before we run tomorrow.
We had an hour break and we went to another Hebrew class.

After the class we went to the court to do some exercises with Tarzan. Squats, hyperextensions and some kicks and punches for straight 10 minutes straight and other fun things.

 We had lunch afterwards -turkey (you can't really mess up on making cold cuts).  We went to our Hebrew learning room again and spoke more about the army and practiced for our interviews.
 The mefaked told us some army stories and then told us how the army isn't a joke and it’s not funny because some of the guys were laughing. He came into our room to speak to us and I was in the middle of brushing my teeth so I had toothpaste in my mouth for 10 minutes but a lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment