Search This Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Back in Jerusalem

We all woke up around 7 for breakfast, after breakfast we had an Ulpan Tour. We went around Jerusalem talking only Hebrew and learning new words around the city. After that we had lunch then a Krav Maga class at 2. I couldn’t participate in the class because I can't get hit in the stomach until I know for sure that my mono is gone. I watched everyone learning the moves.They were learning basics that I already knew because I used to take mixed martial arts.
One of the commanders brought us a bag of equipment. It had a lot of sparring gear. Everyone fought,some good fights, some bad. One fight was a commander against a guy named Gabe . During the fight he backed Gabe into a huge rock and as he was tripping over the rock he hit him in the face and he fell over . It was so funny. No one got hurt we have full protection. Head,mouth, chest , stomach, groin and shins. After the class we had a 30-minute break until 6. The CEO of Aish Hatorah came to speak to us. He spoke to us about our purpose in Israel and why it is good that we came. Then he spoke about how we know Judaism is real and he's proving it to us little by little. We are probably going to have more classes with him. It was interesting and started a lot of different discussions. We had dinner and then made a Chet(lineup formation). We met someone from Golani. He is our new commander for the next few weeks because one had to leave.
He made us carry each other  up and down stairs on our back. And then run uphill holding hands in a line of 20 , if anyone let go we had to start over. After all this we got punished because some of the stuff they gave us for the hike was missing.

We went out to the court and all the exercises that had to be done were with a plate on your back if you drop it you start over. I watched everyone do crab walks,people holding other peoples legs while walking , sprinting and more for an hour. Then after that they ran up and down hill with people on their back (me being one of them because I couldn’t do much) If someone spoke in English or was asked what something is and can't answer in Hebrew then you run back up and down. After watching for a while I joined in because I was bored.


One thing I did that I liked was sprinting. There were 2 groups with everyone tied to each other and we had a race and whoever was last stays whoever wins gets to gp to sleep. We won but we stayed anyways because we are learning we are supposed to stick together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment