Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tarzan

10/11

Woke up 630 with my body really sore and went outside to run 6 long laps back and forth, some of us took some short cuts, shhhhh.

We got back to the room 730 and have an hour to pray and do anything we want until Ulpan at 9. We finished Ulpan 12:30 and during Ulpan we had a 5 minute break and I fell asleep sitting down.

After Ulpan we went to the rooms and got all of our boxing gear. I was too tired to fight but I did it anyways. I fought a good fight against Coby today and we both got in some good hits.
 I went to the room after to try and sleep and then we were told our rooms had to be spotless and perfectly organized in 30 minutes.

We got it done and went outside and sat in a Chet (line up formation).
The Mefaked Samal (sergeant) asked all of us why we want to go to the army and prepared us for things that they might ask us in the interview
Some kids are going tomorrow.

We had dinner and there were only cheese borekas. I DON'T EAT CHEESE!! So I got some shwarma. We then had a class where there are a few people that we can ask questions about the army and learn Hebrew as well.

There is one guy we call Tarzan. He is crazy!! 
He has some nerve issues so he doesn't feel pain. He can climb almost anything. He used to have flat feet and he trained his foot to have an arch. He used to have glasses and he trained his eyes to be good.
It was a 4-year process.
He broke several bones in his body at once and walked to the hospital. The doctor couldn’t understand how he made it.
He then asked us what our fears are.

One kid is scared of heights. So he showed him a way to get over it.
I’m a little claustrophobic; he's going to show me a few things that I can do to get over it. That class is over and some kids who are going for the interview tomorrow are going to sleep. I don't know what the rest are doing, but now we have some more Hebrew instruction and getting to bed early hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment