Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Crucible and Sav Rishon

10/20

We woke up at 530 and met Tarzan at the square at 6. It was our last time with him so he showed us some new things, like how to workout flat feet and to make your reflexes better.
We played different games that required strength. It was fun and we learned a few more things.
After that I went to go get some breakfast and then went to the room to clean it because someone was coming to check it. We made it perfect.
We then had a class in the afternoon on all the benefits we have as chayalim bodedim -lone soldiers in the army. Salary, money for apartments and utilities, food days off and more. I wrote it all down to see what they actually are.
We also did a repeat of the fitness test we did in the beginning of the program. I ran the 2k in 10:23 (not good), did 84 push ups, and I didn't count sit ups because my legs cramped up so I stopped.
6 weeks later, I ran the 2k in 8:50 that's a 1:33 improvement and that’s pretty good! I got 76 pushups (That's 100% in the army) and 87 Sit-ups (You Need 86 in the army)

They then gave us some details for what they call  " The Crucible "
Tomorrow night from 6PM until  to 6AM on Friday. From what I've heard it should be running, jogging, walking, with a stretcher, without a stretcher, crawling, pushups, basically everything in one.
 In the top units in the army like Sayeret Matkal , Shayetet 13 and a few more they have something called "Shavua Shevy" . Basically it trains the soldier to be able to handle being captured by the enemy.
The beginning of the week they tell the soldier a piece of information, then they literally beat you until you say it. A lot of guys break and say it, the ones that don't pass there training.
 Tomorrow during The Crucible they said they are giving us a taste of that. He said all the commanders we have been with so far will be there and should be about  be 40km long (25 Miles). I can't wait!
 I am also going for my Sav Rishon tomorrow, which is my interview, Hebrew test, intelligence and health tests.
Tonight we have a choice. We can either go to the last krav maga class and get beat or study some Hebrew and go to sleep and get some rest for tomorrow.
I ended up going to krav maga..I got there and he told us that it will be our last class.
 We started off reviewing everything we learned. Then we did some sparring. I went first against Gadi. 30 seconds into the fight he kneed me in the ahh......
 Yea by mistake. I dropped out and left to go to my room to study Hebrew for tomorrow. I have to be up at 4:45 with a few guys and we have to get to Tel Hashomer almost 2 hours away. So I'm getting like no sleep, plus we have the crucible tomorrow night.
All packed and ready for a long day tomorrow, 4:45am Thursday until 6am Friday morning when we  are suppose to be done with the hike.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment