Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Shabbat


10/15

On Fri I woke up at around 12 and I did my laundry ALL BY MYSELF!!
I went to the gym with my friend Gabe and lifted weights for the first time in so long!! It felt sick!! I  couldn’t have my usual at home protein shake and meal after my workout but I had enough food after anyways

 I showered and got ready for Shabbat. I went to the Kotel and asked a guy that helps everyone find a place to eat. He sent us to a Rabbis house. I went with three other guys.
We got there and there was like 20 people.
First we sang then had appetizers then sang and had salad then sang and had the real food, kugel , chicken and sweet potato. The food was actually pretty good.
We all went around the table and introduced ourselves and to tell everybody why we are in Israel.
After desert we went out and chilled by the square for a little bit and played dodgeball with some random people.
Someone threw the ball and missed the person. It hit somebody not in the game  in the face so we stopped playing. We then saw some of my friends at the square so we went to their apartment for the night.
.It is much nicer than ours!! Couches, kitchen, 2 floors, 5 rooms and more.






10/16

We woke up and went to lunch at a basement of a hotel. It was very nice. All catered food and everyone that was there were all soldiers in Course Makim (a course to become a commander)
They taught us things we need to know about the army. Two of them are also from America. Right now I want to go to Golan and I met one of the guys that is going to be a Commander in Golani. So if he's my commander I'm set, haha .
We spoke to them for a while and went back to our room and chilled there until Shabbat was over We went to the kotel to have dinner. I went back to the room to take a nap.
 A few kids are going to get there Sav Rishon ( first medical test and Hebrew test.. If you don't pass Hebrew you have to go to Michveh  Alon for 3 months before you join!! Horrible)
I'm going sometime this week.
 I took a nap until 8 and went with a few guys to eat. We got deli.
Its better in NY but good enough for now. Whoever was going for the test tomorrow left and went to sleep. I stayed and met up with some friends hung out for a while now off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment