Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shabbat onbase

11-12

We woke up at 5am got into line up. First we prayed and ate breakfast. I'm learning to like plain hard boiled egg whites. We then each had an interview with the katzin miyun (they decide where you go in the army) so we all chose 3 unit options that we want. I put 1.Golani 2 .Nachal 3.Givati. We then had to run around base and do the usual sprint,  pushups and more. We had to clean our rooms, mop the floors , clean the showers and bathrooms perfectly. We just finished having a speech and the commander threw a rock (grenade) and we all had to run, but instead I picked it up and threw it back..ahahah I got in a lot of trouble for that. everyone was worked out, and I had to run around the building and do smochooms,(pushup , stand jumping jack and back down ) a lot. Then I had to do planks and shoulder pushups legs 90 degrees on the wall. I enjoy it for some reason. Then we had lunch. No one was allowed to go to the shop to buy stuff because of me. Oops.
 We then had a long speech with all the commanders and the MM . He told us all how we were all very bad this week and we don't do anything ontime.he called out a lot of people that did things bad and gave them punishement. Like shabbat on base next week, or going home and hour or 2 late. I didn't get anything somehow hehehe. We have to all stay here for shabbat anyways. They have meals for us and its time to relax we don't have to do anything except show up to meals in uniform. We had dinner on base. I thought it would be the same thing we usually have. We walked in and it was 20 tables set up nicley with table clothes and bread on each plate. We had waiters and a 3 course meal. Never would of thought we an get that on the base for shabbat. Now I don't mind staying on base so much. Now were back in the room, we actually have time to talk to eachother.

11-13

We woke up at whenever we wanted for once, we had to go to lunch at 12 , lunch was not like last night dinner but it was good. We went back to the room after and rested all day. We had to be ready at 6:00 in work uniform. Everything had to be clean also. We went to the court to do some workouts. We started with like 80 pushups in sets (easy) then when everyone was doing pushups I said " on the knuckles" and the mefaked said no, I like making things harder. So he made me stay sitting in the air with my legs 90degrees and gun in the air. It was hard but fun. Then we did some ab workouts. Right after we had dinner, nothing great. We then had a long speech with one of the top commanders on base. He told us about himself and just wanted to ask if anyone had and questions. Then we had another lesson on guard duty, and what to do if the siren goes off. We have to be in outside in uniform, with full equipment in 7minutes ready. We got some time to shower. We are convinced they are waking us up so were all ready. I have guard duty from 2-4am , patrolling the whole base.

No comments:

Post a Comment