Search This Blog

Friday, November 19, 2010

last day at mikveh alon

11-18

We woke up 3am to get all of our things ready to go to Jerusalem. We had to clean up, pray , eat breakfast take care of a few things and we left to Jerusalem at 6.
We got there around 9 and  already started having tourists taking pictures with us.
We had a tour guide take us around the old city in the Jewish quarter where I lived two months prior to starting the army.

We finished that around 12 and they finally gave us lunch after we had an hour to go to the Kotel and more pictures with tourists.
My friend and I snuck upstairs to get shwarma since they didn't get enough food and were still hungry.

Afterwards we went to Yad Vashem and that was very interesting.
There are rooms you walk through and each room is leading to the next part of the war.

The most interesting thing was the last room.
It was a circular room and  you walk in and look down there is just a hole and a small pond.
And around your are hundreds of books filled with names of the people killed in the Holocaust. The hole represents 2 million names that were found yet.

People walk out of there crying and it was a good experience to be there though.
We didn't get a chance  to see everything but I'm planning on going back

We then found out the rest of the names of people that got into tzanchanim. Two my friends. If I was staying for 2 years I would of got in, but I signed on for 14.5 months

We then went to the bus station to go home. I got caught on my phone after the time were suppose to sleep so I had to stay an extra hour after along with 20 other people until we can leave.
We got off 30 minutes early.

I got to my apartment and waited for Gabe and Coby. We bought some food for the apartment and now we can eat!!

I went out with a few friends for a little bit now I'm home and up for 24 hours already and going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment