Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

week 3 12/19- 12/24

Sunday
12/19

Woke up after 4 hours of sleep and I made way to bus and with my luck as usual I stood up the whole ride to base. I got to base we had to take all the beds and mattresses out of the storage room like we do every week. I'm not sure why though. We got our guns back and started the week off with a first aid class. We learned all basic first aid things that we need to know.
In the middle of the class a mefaked took me out and asked me to play tug of war with them next week. So I signed up. I wasn't feeling good at all so I didn't go on the run with everyone today. It was a little more than 2k .We don't have guard duty anymore and only one person watched the guns outside at night.

Monday

We had out second day of first aid classes. It was all day. We than had a test we have to pass to get our certification card. We learned all useful basic things. We also had krav maga today, which was a lot of fun and running, pushups and other things I like. We also were trained how to fight with our gun if we need to.

 Tuesday

We went straight to the storage room this morning to get gas masks and suits. We had classes all day long on what to do in a chemical war. We had to walk around with the bag carrying the gas mask all day and we had a training exercise with it. We went to the field and had to crawl in full suit and it’s much harder to breath with it on.
 

Wed

We had classes today about all of Israel’s enemies and the different countries and how they work. Later on we had to drink around 3L of water in an hour. We also had really good food all day, scrambled eggs, grilled chicken and more. We had a 6km masa(march) and I was given the  heaviest thing to carry again, the water pack. The straps broke right when we started so I carried it for an hour over my shoulders by the strings. It was a good workout though since it was mostly uphill.

Thursday

Today is parent’s day on base. There was a speech with the commander of the base. All lone soldiers get to go to a country club with all the commanders and  we went to Ranana to a place with a spa , pool and free food for us. They had a magic show that was actually very cool. It took me 5 hours to get home from Ranana to Jerusalem with all the traffic. I went out with a friend for the night and got home to sleep I was so tired.

Friday
I woke up really early and went to go check if my laundry is dry, but its soaked still. Hope its good by Sunday. I had a few friends over Friday night. We ate and just relaxed all night.

Saturday

Amazing lunch, hamburgers, chicken wings, fried chicken, potatoes, pasta and more things. It was really good. I packed for base I'm pretty sure we are staying for 2 weeks. But I'm going to try to get off on New Years. Tomorrow wee have to be at the Kotel at 10:00 not sure why but its better for me as I live nearby.


No comments:

Post a Comment