Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Week 2

Week 2

The day started off with some wind and not to cold. We went to the gun ranges today, we bring all of our equipment eve time we go and have to lay it out on the ground neatly. 5 minutes before we left I took my coat off since it was nice. Now we left and it got freezing out. Already knew this was not going to be good. We got to the ranges and my hands were already dry and ears were numb. My nose I don't even want to talk about. We set up all the targets on the range and realized it wasn't going to workout since it was too windy today. We just sat there had lunch, had some classes on the radio communications in the freezing cold. My ears and every hole in my body were filled with dust and sand. We finally left to the base. I thought we were done for the day.

Three of us chosen to do work on the advanced training base for the next 5 hours.
I can barley close my hands, they are so cold. It just so happens to be the job they gave us is to clean all the garbage on the base !! EVERYWHERE .

I feel myself getting sick already. I got back to my base. Went in my tent to find dust and dirt everywhere.
All my clean clothes... dirty. Bed.... dirty. Whatever you can think of. Now by the end of the day I look at my knuckles to find that they have been bleeding from the cold. I showered ran to my tent. Put as many clothes as I can on and got in my bed. Once I sat down, puffs of dust just go everywhere... There goes my shower. Not one of my better days.

Monday
Woke up with rain all over the inside of the tent and on me. Why? Because the tents are not really waterproof, all bags on the floor are wet and some mattresses as well
Wow ..have you ever been in a sandstorm, with 60Mph winds and 40 degrees outside for the whole day and night then wake up the next morning in your tent with everything soaked since in rained... Phewww.
We went shooting again today you are suppose to have all your bullets come within a 5cm range.
 I got 3.0 for my first time ever they 6.0. Later that day we had a lesson on night shooting. We had to to an exercise later that was just ,getting all of our equipment on as fast as possible. Vest, helmet, kneepads, 6 magazines, and your gun of course and be outside. We were running in the tent and I got pushed, the top of my gun slammed right into my head. I just sat down and felt like I got hit by a truck.
I wasn't allowed to do anything the rest of the night. I had a small sized bump bleeding from my head. But it was nothing serious. I slept hoping it will be better.

Tuesday
We went back to the ranges. My shooting in the beginning was bad , then the commander corrected me on something. I got 5 bullters at 12cm, 5 more at 6,cm, then finally all 5 bullets 1.5cm, doing better. They told us there is ulpan hebrew learning classes for people that needed it . I went for the rest of the day.

Wednesday

I had ulpan today also. In the middle of the class one of the commander pulled me out and told me he wanted me to be on the commanders team on sport day for tug of war. Commanders VS Commanders and me!!
We had out first krav maga class today. It was kind of hard since I haven't done things that physical in a while. But the teacher did come up to me after the class and say he was impressed so that's good.
Went to sleep without showering. It was just to cold out to shower.

Thursday
I woke up and though I had a day off to do personal thingTurns out I didn't. I had ulpan all day again. Since I don't have to shoot anymore until next week we gave our guns back today since we are leaving tomorrow.
At the end of the week they read off everyone’s punishments for the week. It can either be stay 1 , 2 ,3 or 4 hours after everyone. Or stay on base for the weekend, which is horrible. A lot of people got the "stay on base punishment" and other with hours. Me with nothing. One of the top officers said this week he is going to take off all punishments. Since its the first week. Everyone was happy. I also felt sick this whole day from the cold. Hard to breath and stuffed up. We get off tomorrow for the weekend.

Friday
We woke up 4am and had to move all the beds , bags and mattresses  into the storage room for the weekend. The people that live in the north get to leave extra early, and so do I since I'm a lone soldier. Its great. I got back to Jerusalem at 9am!! I went to go buy some food for the apartment. I ate Friday night dinner by a family in the old city and went home to sleep I was too tired to do anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment