Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

On base Bach Nachal Tel Arad

11-29

First thing we did this morning was pray as usual. We got our bags checked and the people who are going to the gibbush locked them up. The people who are not going had dumb work to do. First we went to the field outside the base. There is a long obstacle course. So we had to make the rocks straight  for the path, just kicked them. Then we went to the tents. We had to take down a 15 person tent and put it back up. This was hard. 12 peoeple working on it for 3 hours and its still not done perferct. It got late so we went to go eat. I'm starting to like the food here its getting better. The whole day all I hear is." Isaac" "isaac", in a hebreew accent. I have a few nicknames aleady, "vitamenchik" "superman" "refridgerator" "soos" .We had a break now going to sleep. I forgo my soundproof headphones so its going to be hard.

11-30

We did the same thing today, pulled weeeds out of the ground for hours, worked in the kitchen, carried food in and out, the lunch I had was thg best lunch I had so far on a base. One of my frideds just got to Nahal he's from my aish program. So hopefully well be together. we carried things around base the rest of the day and went to sleeep. Tommorow , were doing the same thing. Next week real basic training starts.

12-1

I woke up in a different tent , I slept in a separate one since eveyone was talking all night and I wanted to sleep. We cleaned all the shooting ranges all day since we will be using them soon.  Bending down all day is so annoying. I rather run all day. Half the guys In my group sit down and do nothing though. We had good lunch as always. We sprinted evryewhere today. We went back to the ranges to finish cleaning and sat around for an hour until dinner. After dinner we needed a MASAL(a list of where everone is) so instead we brought BASAL ( onions) . They couldn't help but laugh the mifakdim walked away and then came back to punish us, nothing crazy. We all got in formation for the lighting of the hanukiah. It was kinda of funny when one of the kids was saying the brecha so evryone was laughing, even some mefakdim. We sang every song and had a little break. we got time to shower and do whatevr we want , I might be off tommroow not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment