Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

12-2

I woke up and found out I'm getting off today until sunday morning. There are a few other kids that have off also. They had a bus for us and they checked if our faces were shaved, boots were polished , if we had our dog tags, and ID card before we left. I got on the bus transfered 2 times and got back to jerusalem. I went to the bank to see if the army payed me . They did but not all the money they were suppose to send me. We payed our  first months rent on the apartment. That night I went out with a few friends for a little and went back to my apartment alone to sleep.

12-3 The next day I. Woke up late, Gabe and Coby were on the way home. Once they got here we went to go buy things for the apartment. There is suppose to be 120 shekels on our ID cards so we can buy stuff but it obviously doesn't work yet. We ended up spending 3 hours in the supermarket not knowing what we need and coming out with not a lot of things. But we got enough food and cleaning products which I like.
Tonight we are gouing to the Lone soldier center for hanukah dinner. We lit our own menorah in the apartment. It took us around an hour to walk there. We got there and there was a lot of good food this time, 5 course meal. They also put letters on all the tables that kids from around the world sent saying "thank you soldier's, happy hanukah" and things like that. We saw a lot of people we knew there and were invited to someone's apartment after the dinner. It was on the 18th floor, walked all the way up. We stayed there for an hour and ate more and spoke to people there, almost all were in the army . We walked all the way back down and I forgot my jacket so back up and down, phew. We started walkin home and we were with a friend that could barley walk since he just finished a gibbush (test) for a very elite unit in the army, so we were walking very slow. Took ealmost 2 hours plus we made a wrong turn. I went to sleep once we got back I was so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment