Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

This Week

Finally I got some sleep Friday before Yom Kippur  and after we went to the Kotel. Fri night I went right back to sleep. The Kotel was so packed Fri and Sat.
We went out after with all the guys after Yom Kippur and got back to the room around 12 and the commandeer came and told us we have to be in bed at 1 and he said were waking up 7.

My problem was I had mono before I got to Israel and it was getting better but because the week was so physically exhausting some of the symptoms came back like being extremely tired. One or two kids got pneumonia and many are coughing but in the end it's all good for us as we learn how to push ourselves more and more and do more difficult things.

We started Ulpan and thats good. On Mon. I went the hospital to get a checkup. They  gave me a blood test and they keep the needle in my arm until I could see the doctor.
I ended up being perfectly healthy.
I've been in touch with my doctor in NY, Dr. Wahba who has been helping me understand the results of my test. Thanks Dr. Wahba!
I just have mono still. It makes me tried a lot and I have symtoms somtimes . Usually takes a few months to heal but I'm had it for more than 2 so hopefully I will be fine soon so I can get back to work. I just go watch every class and so I can listen to the hebrew and pick it up more. I stay out of the physical activities for now.

We had a guest speaker this week. He graduated top in his class in Harvard Law School and now he's a Rabbi in Israel. He spoke to us for a while about random smart things that we didn't understand lol, but he was very interesting to listen to.

On Tues everyone woke up at 4 for a Masa Alunka (stretcher march ) and they all went to the bus. Someone ran back and told me to come. They put me on the stretcher for the entire march and carried me. I wish I could of been running with it but somebody has to be on the stretcher.
Towards the end they ran into a pole with the stretcer with me on it and it broke . So when they ran it squeezed me a lot it hurt but its all good, it was fun.

Going to Herzliya for Succot. Back at Aish Sat night.

Chag Sameach.

No comments:

Post a Comment